The New River Valley Reading Council is looking for nominations for our Celebrate Literacy Award that will be presented at our Fall Conference on October 22nd. The Celebrate Literacy Award recognizes organizations, institutions, and individuals that have made literacy contributions at the local, state, or provincial level. The hope is that the celebration will familiarize the public with literacy activities in the community and call attention to the work that is being done by the schools and the International Reading Association to promote literacy worldwide.
Candidates may be considered for the following:
- direct teaching at any level
- organizing local literacy programs
- promoting support from the public relative to enhancing literacy
- producing teaching materials or special media for literacy programs
- conducting research in field related to literacy
- conducting special surveys of importance for literacy planning,
- providing young people the opportunity to help in literacy activities
- conducting informal educational activities of a social, cultural, economic, or political nature in which literacy activities are included (radio and television programs, publications and press, library programs, and projects for special populations, such as the handicapped and the aged).
Nominations must include:
- Name, address, and phone number of the nominee
- Description of the contributions to literacy on which the nomination is based (not to exceed three pages) and results of the contributions
*Nominations are due by Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 and can be sent to email@example.com